Welcome To My Thoughts On Everything

Welcome! While you may not agree with my thoughts on everything I respect your right not to as long as you respect my right to have a thought every now and then.

The Old Geezer

Search The Web From Here

Friday, September 19, 2008

Cursors

Do you make your own cursors? I do. I find it quit enjoyable. I use an older version of Microangelo. It may not have all the features of the newest version but it's paid for! I've made hundrerds of cursors with it, most on my computer, which is down at the moment so I'm using my wife's computer. I enjoy the challange of thinking up different ways of doing the same thing all the time. Some of my cursors are quite good, even if I do say so myself. Some are real stinkers, too. I created a line based on the original Windows arrow which I called "Wedgies" because they looked a bit like a wedge. The first ones were little more than black and white 2D imagies but as time went on I refined my technique and made them 3D and in various shaded colors. The current "Busy" cursor for the series is a little anti-gravity animated robot. I'm quite proud of him.

My latest series really doesn't have a name. They started out as flat 3D shapes but ended up as raised shapes with a shaded side. I've made several different varieties of them, each different yet recognizable as from the same family. The current set that I am using is USA themed, red, white and blue in color. The "Working In Background" features the basic cursor but with a US flag atop it which changes to the basic cursor with the word 'Wait' atop it. The "Busy" cursor is a US flag that changes to the word 'Busy'. The "Help" cursor is a basic cursor with the word 'Help' atop it which changes to the word 'Me!' atop the cursor. All in glorious red, white and blue.

Because I have a program called 'Cursor XP' I'm able to have little US flags follow the cursor around (that's more for my wife that me. I like the program for the other features it has, like shadow control).

I'm sure that I'll be on to other cursors soon. If anyone knows of a place that will host and distribute my cursors for free, speak up!

2 comments:

Vlasta said...

If you'd like to get in touch with other amateur and profi cursor designers, look at the open library at http://www.rw-designer.com/cursor-library

The Old Geezer said...

Thanks! IWill.