Welcome To My Thoughts On Everything

Welcome! While you may not agree with my thoughts on everything I respect your right not to as long as you respect my right to have a thought every now and then.

The Old Geezer

Search The Web From Here

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Miss Priss

Water, water everywhere,
But nary a drop to drink.
That’s not what my cat says
When she hops upon the sink.

“Meow! Meow!”,
“Please turn the water on!”,
That’s what my cat will howl
Before the morning’s dawn.

So I get up in the darkness
And stumble to the sink.
Just to give Miss Priss
Some water for a drink.

I stand there in the night
As my cat drinks her fill,
I dare not turn on a light
For to wake my wife it will.

Miss Priss is in no hurry,
So on her butt she’ll sit.
It’s really rather furry
And stinky, well just a bit.

“Just one more drink or two”,
Is what she finally said.
Now that she’s finally through
I can get me back to bed.

As I try and get more rest,
Miss Priss gives me a wink.
As she dries her face upon my chest
She purrs, “Thank you for the drink”.

Miss Priss is a lovely cat,
She has a lot of soul.
But she can be quite the brat
When she won’t drink from a bowl.

Every night to the sink,
That’s how our routine goes.
But next time she wants a drink,
I think I’ll use a hose.

No comments: